What is the secret to becoming a successful blogger?
First you need to define what successful means to you. Everybody has a different idea of what success means, for some it means having blogging as their career, for others it is getting paid for their blogs or having a consistent schedule or it might just be to have a following. Define what success means for you and then you’ll know when you reach that goal.
Continue reading “How to become a successful blogger”
Today I want to do a post on Why do we avoid big books? This discussion post was actually inspired by another discussion post I read by Nyx on ‘Does the length of the book matter.’ This was such a brilliant discussion post and it got me thinking about big books and if we all avoid them.
Continue reading “Let’s Chat: Why Do We Avoid Big Books?”
Title: Roar (Stormheart #1) by Cora Cormack
Genre: YA Fantasy
In a land ruled and shaped by violent magical storms, power lies with those who control them.
Aurora Pavan comes from one of the oldest Stormling families in existence. Long ago, the ungifted pledged fealty and service to her family in exchange for safe haven, and a kingdom was carved out from the wildlands and sustained by magic capable of repelling the world’s deadliest foes. As the sole heir of Pavan, Aurora’s been groomed to be the perfect queen. She’s intelligent and brave and honorable. But she’s yet to show any trace of the magic she’ll need to protect her people.
To keep her secret and save her crown, Aurora’s mother arranges for her to marry a dark and brooding Stormling prince from another kingdom. At first, the prince seems like the perfect solution to all her problems. He’ll guarantee her spot as the next queen and be the champion her people need to remain safe. But the more secrets Aurora uncovers about him, the more a future with him frightens her. When she dons a disguise and sneaks out of the palace one night to spy on him, she stumbles upon a black market dealing in the very thing she lacks—storm magic. And the people selling it? They’re not Stormlings. They’re storm hunters.
Legend says that her ancestors first gained their magic by facing a storm and stealing part of its essence. And when a handsome young storm hunter reveals he was born without magic, but possesses it now, Aurora realizes there’s a third option for her future besides ruin or marriage.
She might not have magic now, but she can steal it if she’s brave enough.
Challenge a tempest. Survive it. And you become its master.
Continue reading “Roar by Cora Cormack | Mini Review Monday (Spoiler Free)”
So recently I did a post on my Anxiety, it was called Anxiety – My Story. Here I told you a bit about my Anxiety, how long I had it before I seeked help and some of my experiences. The response I had to that post was amazing and I want to thank everyone who liked, commented and shared their support. From that post I asked if anybody would like me to do a post on how I dealt with my anxiety before seeking medical help and a few of you said you would like to see that so here it is.
Continue reading “Tips to help relieve your Anxiety.”
I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Felix Movie Thoughts; Thank you so much for your kind words and motivation for my posts and blog as a whole. Now I have to admit I had never heard about this award before but from what I can gather it is an award given to bloggers by bloggers themselves. It is to congratulate and show appreciation to the work of perhaps newer bloggers based of their posts and overall blog outlook.
The Rules of the One Lovely Blog Award are;
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 5 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate other bloggers for the award.
5 random facts about me:
- I study English Literature at University – I’m currently in Second Year and within the next few months I will be surrounded by Deadlines and Exams but I also have to decide on my Dissertation (Thesis) proposal and decide what units to take for my Third Year… Ahhh, I feel like I have so much to do in so little time.
- I am a TV and Film Addict – My perfect day/night would be tucked up in bed with either a book or watching a film.To all my friends i’m the girl that they go to in order to find out whether a TV Show or Film is good because they know I will have watched it by now. [I’m their go to film reviewer haha]
- My all time favourite movie is Dirty Dancing – I could sit and watch this film forever and no matter how many times I have watched it I still cry/laugh/smile like its the first time.
- I’m a Procrastinating Pro – My deadlines only a week away? Pfft that’s 7 days I have time… Seriously that is how my brain works but I have to admit I am getting better. I’m motivating myself and getting more productive making sure I keep to personal time goals so I don’t leave my essay to the night before.
- I get really invested in book/film/tv couples and I cry at everything – It seems like everything I read and watch has the ability to make me cry, for example I am currently re-watching Grey’s Anatomy from the beginning and I’ve lost count of the amount of times I have cried… I’m only on season 4.
The following 5 blogs are my nominations for the One Lovely Blog Award.
I enjoy each of these blogs very much as their posts whether it be a tag,list or review are insightful and well presented. I can truly relate to a-lot of their points and they give you pause for thought whilst igniting a possible discussion. It is clear how much effort goes into their posts and I am regularly adding a new book to my TBR based off their blogs.